The Complete Course in Audio Transcription (For Beginners)
MODULE 9: TRANSCRIPTION SAMPLES & EXERCISES
Module 9. Transcription Samples and Exercises.
- Download the audio file, worksheet, and original transcript.
- Load the audio file to your Express Scribe.
- Open the worksheet for the exercise.
- The first few minutes are already transcribed for you. Read the transcribed text while listening to the audio so that you get familiar with the speaker or speakers’ enunciation of words.
- On your worksheet, continue transcribing from where the last word ends.
- After you’re done transcribing, be sure to save your file.
- Then compare your saved file with the original transcript you have downloaded earlier. This is a way for you to easily identify your mistakes.
Here’s how to compare the two documents.
- Open MS Word, or if your worksheet is open, leave it open.
- Click the Review tab.
- Select All Markup & Show Markup.
- Click Compare. Compare is used to compare two documents to see the differences between them.
- Under Original Document, select the worksheet or the file you have transcribed. And under Revised Document, select the corresponding original transcript for the exercise.
Original Document: easy01-worksheet.docx
Revised Document: easy01-original-transcript.docx
6. Click OK.