The Complete Course for Transcription Newbies (FREE)
If you are looking for ways to earn from home and transcription piques your interest, then this course is for you.
Learn the ropes at your own pace by going through each module and doing the exercises.
1. Good command of the English language.
2. Good auditory acuity.
3. Can type at least 40 words per minute.
4. Basic knowledge of MS Word.
5. Laptop or desktop with Internet connection.
6. Quality headphones.
7. Quiet and comfortable work environment.
– What is General Transcription
– Benefits of a Transcription career
– Required skill set
– Difference between clean verbatim and full verbatim
– How to create your transcript neat and readable by following certain rules
– Confusing words that many transcribers miss
– Most common punctuation mistakes that transcribers make
– 75 items to practice what you’ve learned
– Practical tips on how to be accurate in transcription
– 20 items to practice what you’ve learned
Module 5: Transcription Software Tutorial (Coming Soon)
– How to install the transcription software
– How it can help in transcription
Module 6: How to Speed Up Transcription (Coming Soon)
– Tips to be more productive and finish a transcription project in less time
Module 7: Timestamps and Editing (Coming Soon)
– How to insert timestamps the easy way
– Why editing is important and how to edit your transcript effectively
Module 8: Listening Practice (Coming Soon)
– 30 items to practice your listening skills (different audio quality and different speaker accents)
Module 9: Transcription Samples & Exercises (Coming Soon)
– Put everything you’ve learned into practice
– Easy, average, and difficult files to develop your transcription skills overall
PAID INTERNSHIP: You get paid while practicing. (Coming Soon)
Intended Audience: Anyone who wants to earn from home as a freelance general transcriber but with zero to little knowledge about audio transcription.